Les Landes, Saint Ouen
There are few distinguishing landmarks, but look for the signs at the entrance to the track onto Les Landes Common at the top of the steep hill above L'Etacq.
This is a restored section of the army battery 'Moltke' which once sprawled across the headland. On permanent exterior display is one of the original 15.5cm K418(f) French field guns from the battery, initially pushed over the nearby cliffs by the British Army in 1946, and retrieved in the 1990s.
In an adjacent emplacement are further examples of coastal artillery pieces used in the Island, and subsequently rescued from the same watery grave.
Below ground, there is an extensive complex of passage-linked personnel and ammunition bunkers.
No toilet facilities nearby
Car parking nearby
Bus stop nearby