La Corbière Point, St. Brelade
Adjacent to the road leading to the lighthouse; look for the signs.
This is the only coastal defence bunker in the Saint Ouen's Bay area to retain its original gun, and is practically complete.
At the sharp end is the 1918 vintage 10.5cm K331(f) weapon, which is actually French in origin, having been captured by the Germans in 1940, and subsequently converted to fortress use in the Channel Islands.
The gun had a range of 10-12 km and was part of a network of similar weapons along the coast whose purpose was to prevent the formation of a beachhead, in the event of an Allied invasion.
Toilet facilities nearby
Car parking nearby
Bus stop nearby